Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Alternatively we could sit about for a bit doing bugger all

This is how it works, I do my bit of work. I pass it to the next team. They build what I have designed. They test it. They pass it to the 'quality' team for testing. It gets released. someone installs it at a customer site.

only the process seems to have changed. It now appears to be... I do my bit of work. Every bugger else sits about moaning and doing sod all.

Can you spot the flaw in this new process?

I recently finished a piece of work and for the first week, nothing happened. Then the next team started to look at doing their part only it looks a bit tricky. Not all of it mind, only about 0.05% looks tricky but well, you can never be too careful.
So, lets all send lots of emails. Someone try and pluck up enough courage to ask Daisy to do an extremely tedious task. That someone receives a verbal smack round the ear. More emails, more manglement monkeys get involved. The more I find my self screaming down the phone "just get on with the sodding job". The more I hear "ah, well. it might be a bit tricky so we're not really sure" - Might be a bit tricky? Might? The sky might fall in on our heads any day now but that doesn't stop people like this existing and getting on my wick.

So, finally, the upshot of all this buggering about is that they are actually going to do the work they were supposed to in the first place. And if things get a bit tricky then they are going to ask for help.

Genius!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home