Friday, June 16, 2006

Time off from saving the world

Tomorrow I am going on holiday. Not far away, staying in the UK. Renting a cottage with some fabulous friends.

Gonna bit great. No work for a whole week.

Unfortunately, if my last week off is anything to go by, no-one else will do any work next week either.

Oh no. They save it all up for when I get back. Bastards. All those inane questions. "help us daisy, we can't find our arses with both hands and a map." "help us daisy, we've found a spelling error and don't have the enough initiative to correct it ourselves." "help us daisy, we are too incompetent for words and really don't know the first thing about computer software."

notice that last point. 'Computer software'. No life threatening, earth saving, crucial to world peace and stability work. Just designing and building software. So why all the panic? Why is everything urgent? Why do I have to be asked about every small thing that anybody else does? I cannot be the only competent person in the company with a pulse.

Can I?

Still at least it pays the bills, and if I got off my arse and got a proper job I'd have to actually do some proper work and we wouldn't want that.

So a whole week with people who are fabulous....and the world cup :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home